Dec 29, 2006

Daffy Yum -Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

There's a Jewish tradition (I'm no scholar so I might be getting it all wrong) called Daf Yomi, which sounds like a TR term, in which a person studies one page of the Talmud each day for 7.5 years.

We started a similar tradition here at the Aftrlife last year (or was it two years ago?) but using the novels of Tom Robbins as our soure book. Several of us made it through Another Roadside Attraction in a ragtag fashion reading one page a day or some variation on that purpose. Now it's on to Even Cowgirls Get the Blues.

On January 2, 2007 at 3 pm. (I have to work 23 in there somehow) I am going to resume reading one page of Tom Robbins' work chronologically each day for the 8 to 10 years that it will take to go through the one's he has written and the ones he will hopefully write during that time. I wouldn't say I'm going to study them, but rather read them mindfully with an open heart. I will call this ritual Daffy Yum.
I'll comment here at the blog or on the discussion list whenever something strikes me. Anyone want to join me?

If you would like to be a part of this effort please leave a comment here on the blog as you read along when you have something to say. This is not formal so feel free to comment at will. (You can also comment on the aftrlife discussion group if you'd rather. Joining is easy. Details on that to come soon.

Dale, who probably will drift from this ritual at some point.