Jan 12, 2009

Jitterbug Perfume, Week 14, Daffy Yum

JITTERBUG PERFUME
Week 14, Jan. 5 – Jan. 11

Page 92

Bandaloop doctors are in the house, er, in the caves. Alobar tells Kudra of his first meeting with them and his trial by rudeness. Although they heard him without their ears, they did provide him with some roasting ears.

So I’m assuming Alobar is referring to Pan as the god he met, but who is the shaman he is talking about having met?

New words:

WantwitWant" wit`\, n. One destitute of wit or sense; a blockhead; a fool.

Jackanapes: an impertinent, presumptuous person, esp. a young man; whippersnapper.

No wisdom for these folks.

Dale
****************************************************************
Pssst..we met the shaman of Alfreic 'round pg. 40....he hosted Alobar’s flight from becoming the King of the Bean with some perspective-altering mushroom tea and some magic:)

Michael
****************************************************************
Thanks Michael. How soon I forget!

I've always wanted to be King of the Beanies w/propeller.

Dale
****************************************************************
Greetings, one and all! After many years living a life sans digital technology, I have recently surrendered, and jumped into this crazy new world like a bird who has found a lovely birdbath. Splash!! So tickled to have found this group. My 20-year-old paperback copy of Jitterbug Perfume is looking mighty tattered...I have read everything Robbins has published, and JP perfume more times than any of them. (Fierce Invalids comes in second.)

Anyhoo, I'd love to join the Daffy Yum, although my paging is ahead of the groups. But I'm in the general area. Something fun for me to find was pink parentheses around these lines, made by a 20-year-younger me...

"If desire causes suffering, it may be because we do not desire wisely, or that we are inexpert at obtaining what we desire."

The older me reads that and thinks, hmm, the real suffering comes from being taken out of the moment, having the attention drawn away from being mindful of what is, now. Can one desire wisely without thinking of the future? I have all I desire in this moment--and when the tickle comes for that late night snack, presto! it will appear!

gemcaccetta
****************************************************************